SEASON 2: FALL 2019!
WELCOME TO FPYC IRISH FOOTBALL
FREE CLINICS! Curious about the game and want to give it a try before registering? We'll have TWO FREE clinics: Sunday, August 18, and Sunday, August 25, from 4-5 pm at PROVIDENCE PARK in Fairfax (10722 West Drive)
OUR SECOND BIG SEASON BEGINS SEPTEMBER 15!
We continue to grow. For our first season in 2018, we had 85 players!
This year, our goal is to double in size with a true house-league format
with teams at each age level.
Introducing one of the fastest-growing games on the planet—perfect for kids looking for FUN, with lots of running, scoring and total participation.
What is Irish Football?
- One of the oldest games in the world (and now one of the fastest-growing sports in America), often called the original “beautiful game”
- It’s a awesome mix of SOCCER, BASKETBALL, VOLLEYBALL, RUGBY, and TEAM HANDBALL
- Played on a field with a goal and goal posts; the rules are easy for kids to understand
- Lots of scoring...and everyone touches the ball!
- FPYC will offer Sunday-only clinics and matches for BOYS and GIRLS, AGES 4-18 YEARS OLD; our format is designed for FUN and a GREAT WORKOUT. Perfect for cross-training.
- Elementary, Junior High and High School teams
- NEW THIS SEASON: Team format (each player will be on designated house teams)
- Certified coaches
- CONTACT: FairfaxIrishFootball@gmail.com
- 90-minutes sessions: 30 minute drills and clinics, followed by 60-minute matches (if your child played FPYC flag football in the spring, it’s a similar format)
- Sunday afternoons in Fairfax City at Green Acres (season begins Sept. 15)
- $85 Registration
Please send any questions to the FPYC Irish Football league director, Mike McCarthy, at FairfaxIrishFootball@gmail.com